The Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya (ESMUC - Higher School of Music of Catalonia) is the only official public centre in Catalonia that gives the Bachelor of Music within the framework of the new ordinance of artistic teaching and its participation in the European Space of Higher Education.
The vision of the School is to reflect the diversity of the present musical panorama, by understanding music as a phenomenon that has a very important professional and social dimension and function.} Therefore, the reality that surrounds us, the demand and professional development offered to musicians are aspects to be very much taken into account in developing a project at the service of the future professionals of music and the whole of society.
The centre has a maximum capacity for 600 students officially enrolled in the Bachelor degree. The offer of annual spots for the Bachelor degree is 150.
The School offers the Bachelor degree studies with 240 ECTS credits in the following specialities, areas, methods and options:
- Conducting (orchestra and choir conducting modes)
- Classical and contemporary music instruments
- Jazz and modern music instruments (jazz and modern music options)
- Early music Instruments
- Traditional music instruments (cobla, traditional catalan and flamenco options)
- Musicology (historical musicology and ethnomusicology options)
- Production and management